Senior Agile Project Manager and Scrum Master
An executive-level program manager with 23 years of Information Technology and business management experience with key emphasis on infrastructure transformation including architecture, design, development, test and implementation. A certified Agile Methodology expert with a proven record in Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach roles.
Extensive experience with implementing enterprise technology including Siebel CRM, PeopleSoft HCM, Salesforce and APTTUS Quote to Cash. Functional and technical expert with sales force automation, call center, help desk, service and several vertical CRM products such as Apttus CPQ, CLM, eHealthcare and eTelecommunications. Extensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle in the areas of architecture, design, development, test and implementation.
Strong ability to drive performance, along with his vast experience as a senior manager with several top US consulting organizations, resulting in a significant positive impact on major technology initiatives from installations to conversions and upgrades.
Areas of Expertise
|§ Project Management and Oversight
§ Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
§ Contract Negotiations
§ Strategic Planning/Analysis
§ Team Leadership
§ Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
|§ Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
§ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
§ Software Development Life Cycle
§ Solution Architecture
§ Siebel Technical Architecture
§ APTTUS CPQ, CLM and Salesforce
|§ Communication Skills
§ Executive Leadership
§ Quality Assurance
§ Risk Management
§ Change Management
Key Skills Assessment
More than 20 years of business experience with 8 years of management consulting experience at Accenture and as an independent consultant.
Key team member on the delivery of 26 enterprise software development projects and fully versed in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
Extensive industry experience with 7 years of healthcare, 3 years of telecommunications and 2 years of high-tech and exposure to finance, government, non-profits, manufacturing, media and education.
APTTUS Oct. 2015 – Present
Engagement Manager / Project Manager
- Worked on new business development, statement of works, estimation, planning for new professional service projects in the opportunity stage of the sales pipeline.
- Developed project plans and executed using a hybrid Apttus AIM and Agile methodology on the Salesforce platform.
- Developed project estimates, resource plans and statements of work (“SOW”).
- Delivered a change order for a large amount of additional work and professional service based on additional scope and requirements.
- Managed software development teams consisting of both development and QA resources; as well as; on-shore, near-shore and off-shore resources.
- Managed resources onboarding and performance
- Managed project quality, risks and blockers. Business Development/Senior Project Manager
- CECROPIA SOLUTIONS LLC Aug. 2013 – Oct. 2015
- Lead daily status meetings, backlog definition and prioritization, scrums, sprint planning sessions, demos and retrospectives.
- Served as Scrum Master, Project Manager and Product Owner roles.
- As an Account Manager served as liaison between the project team and the client.
- Managed team performance, quality and project risks and blockers.
- As a business development executive, closed new business deals resulting in $1 million in annual revenues.INFORCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC Oct. 2012 – Aug. 2013
- Contract Senior Project Manager
- Facilitated daily and weekly status meetings and managed upward executive status reporting.
- Managed the workflow of all releases through a complicated 18 step workflow.
- Facilitated business requirements and functional design walk-throughs.
- Worked with client to define and refine scope for releases and sub-projects. Developed high-level estimates for sub-projects.
- Participated in root-cause analysis meetings when problems occurred.
- Worked with engineers to define status for specific work units that were extremely complex and turned technical language into business language that could be understood by upper management.
- Actively worked on conflict management issues across the team and even with the client.
- Managed project risks – using a project risks tracking database in JIRA.
- Applied Agile concepts such as Kanban rapid boards and daily scrums.AVANTICA TECHNOLOGIES LLC June 2011 – Sept. 2012
- Project Manager
- Worked as a project manager on both small near-shore projects and large near-shore projects with more than 17 developers in the US, Costa Rica and Peru.
- All projects were managed using either Waterfall or Agile Methodologies.
- Successfully transitioned team from waterfall to Agile SCRUM/Kanban methodology.
- Industry experience – media, education and finance/banking.FISERV SA Sep. 2010 – May 2011
- Contract Delivery Manager
- Facilitated recurring status meetings, tactical meetings and participated in monthly strategic meetings and senior management meetings.
- Developed business model maturity plan to improve quality and overall value of delivery units.
- Introduced aspects of CMMI methodology to the operating model.
- Key player in growing operations by a forecasted 40% in 2011 and helped secure new engagements for new large banking implementations.SMALL OUTSOURCING FIRM, COSTA RICA Oct 2009 – Sept. 2010
- Contract Business Development Executive
- Developed high-level business development plan which included sales forecasts, definition of the customer, marketing plan, pipeline management and tactical sales strategy.
- Adopted usage of customer relationship management (CRM) toolset to transform sales processes and developed a more structure approach to creating and managing the sales pipeline.
- Overhauled the corporate web site to include marketing and sales strategy.
- Developed all marketing collateral which described service offerings, capabilities and success stories.MORGAN TECHNOLOGY GROUP Oct. 2006 – Oct 2009
- Independent consulting
- Worked as a Senior Technical Architect for a Siebel upgrade at Abbot Labs.
- Worked as a Deployment and QA Manager for a customer ERP implementation at Panavision.
- Developed business plan and strategy for a startup consulting enterprise which offers application and quality assurance services to small and mediums enterprises using a near shore development center.
- Deployed telecommunications infrastructure that enabled real-time collaboration via on-shore and near-shore team.
- Executed marketing strategy and surveys to define customer and demand.
- Developed near-shore staffing model to support data conversions, integration, application development and testing.ACCENTURE Nov. 2000 – Oct 2006
- Senior Manager/Technical Architect
- Held leadership roles on Siebel CRM implementations.
- Participated in new business development, business proposals and project administration.
- Developed proposals in support of the sale of projects at Roche Pharmaceuticals, Cardinal Health, Bell Canada, Intuit, Hartford Insurance, Palm, BEA, Fisher, LexisNexis, Labcore, Novartis, Texas Instruments and City of Los Angeles.
- Reviewed existing architecture for Siebel Call Center and resolved performance, availability and scalability issues due to the Katrina disaster.
- Developed Siebel upgrade and cutover strategy for Siebel Asset Management system.
- Developed deployment plan for user community, business and technical teams.
- Managed performance test team.TECHNOLOGY LEAD AND CONSULTANCY POSITIONS 1993 – 2000claremont technology group
- origin technology in business
- Cambridge Technology partners
Education & Training
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Finance), Miami University, Oxford, OH
Origin Technology in Business: SQR Program Language, Nov. 1997
Origin Technology in Business: Actuate Report Writing, Apr. 1998
Cambridge Technology Partners: Cambridge Momentum Methodology, Oct. 1998
Sun Microsystems: Migration to Object Oriented Programming, Jan. 2000
Microsoft: Visual Interdev Development, Apr. 2000
BEA Systems: WEBLOGIC Server, Jul. 2000
Andersen Consulting: New and Experienced Executive Training, Nov. 2000
Andersen Consulting: Siebel Project Management Training, Dec. 2000
Siebel 7 Training: Jan. 2002
Siebel CRM, 2007; PeopleSoft HRMS, 2000; Accenture ADM, 2006; Agile and Kanban, Current; QA Process, Current; Project Management, Current; Enterprise Architecture, Current; JIRA, Fisheye, Continuous Integration Current; Asterisk, 2010; PeopleSoft ERP (HRMS), 2000; Microsoft Project, Current, Requirements Process, Dec. 2003; OneShield Dragon, Current
Sun JAVA 2 Certification Training, May 2003; Siebel 7 Core Consultant Certification, Aug. 2003; Sun Sigma Green Belt Designation, Aug. 2003; Certified Scrum Master 2015; PMP Certification (In Progress); COBIT 5 for Risk Management (in Progress); APTTUS CLM 2016